This project in the Secret Valley area of Paphos involved renovation of the existing canvas sail-weeved wooden roof pergola, into a significantly more substantional semi-closed outdoor room.
The client wanted a more enclosed outdoor living area, whilst maintaining the open front looking over the pool, plus a weatherproof roof to keep the winter storms at bay, whilst also providing suitable shading and protection from the strong summer sun.
Additionally Alison decided on one elongated upstairs veranda joining the two bedrooms, rather than the existing two balconies.
The scope of works on this project included careful initial preparations:
- removal of existing wood pergola beams
- removal of existing metal railings
- removal of inside balcony sidewalls
Then we moved into the constructions stage, creating an increase gradient for sufficient water flow :
- timber frame roof with osb panels
- torched on bitumen layer
- clay roof tiles to match villa roof tiles
- 1m high wall balcony walls
- Fibreflex all new & old surfaces for consistency
Finally the internal finishes
- ceiling fans